commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject [VFS][ALL] Help on promotion
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 07:29:21 GMT
Hello!

Due to user request I would like to start a promotion to get commons-vfs
out of the sandbox.
Now I have read the etiquette to see what is needet
> http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/JakartaCommonsEtiquette
> The health of the development community. Fellow committers need to be
> persuaded that users will be supported and the code pushed forward by
> the listed committers. This is a major issue since there's only a
> limited amount of energy amongst the commons committers and no one
> wants to have to support a component whose committers have gone AWAL.
This makes me wondering if any promotion started by me might succeed?
Currently I am the only active committer and I cant see someone who
might follow.

Is this a no-go for the promotion?

---
Mario