commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject Re: Meta-issue: multiple mailig lists
Date Tue, 10 May 2005 16:24:13 GMT
Mattias J wrote:
>> I do have an easy overlook whats new in other projects, the traffic
>> is not that high.
>
> Then what would be high traffic to you?
Take a look at the hibernate forum. This is really high traffic.

> If it was not for all the commits and bug/issue mails there would be
> no problem. But for those, it's often a lot harder to tell whether
> this is interesting for you without opening the e-mail (especially
> since my mail client insists on truncating the subject after "svn
> commit: rNNNNNN -"...)
In fact sometimes I dive into those mails to learn.

>> Why not create a e-mail filter to get only those mails you are
>> interested in?
> I planned to, but haven't decided what to filter on.
I my case I filter on "vfs" in the subject, but I admit this is not
always possible. And ok, I have no problems with commit and bug mails as
especially the bug mails sometime also contains discussions like a
mailinglist thread.

---
Mario