commons-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [jelly] SOLVED: Maven issue with Hans memory leak patch
Date Sun, 01 May 2005 23:56:25 GMT

Already committed. It was solely Hans' patch applied, the rest of the
fix was inside Maven.

So, yes, please feel free to roll on with a release :)

Incidentally, the memory usage to build all 82 plugin sites in a reactor
was around 50M. Not perfect, but much better.

Cheers,
Brett

Paul Libbrecht wrote:

> Le 1 mai 05, à 19:36, peter royal a écrit :
>
>> On May 1, 2005, at 9:09 AM, Brett Porter wrote:
>>
>>> I've solved this problem. One of the jelly tags was relying on a new
>>> instance being created, but the instance is now being reused. Note that
>>> the tag is the same call from the same script, so I assume that this is
>>> valid, so I have made the tag not be stateful and it fixed the Maven
>>> problem.
>>> Does anyone know if this is correct behaviour?
>>
>> Sounds correct to me :)
>

> Yes, this sounds also correct to me...
> I think the assumption that a new instance of tag-objects be created
was correct if one would set not to "cache" tags (using the formerly
available setCacheTags method); this was probably the default.
> SInce the thread-local fixes, all tags are cached and...
>
> I am wondering wether there would be wish to bring back the method
setCacheTags and actually disable caching in some circumstances. I would
rather say it's better to keep it out as it makes life-cycle easier to
write for tags (and one can still clear the contexts).

> Brett, I'm really looking forward to your commit (which will include
Hans' patch, then, correct?).