commons-dev mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <dava...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jakarta Commons Discovery
Date Mon, 02 May 2005 19:32:32 GMT
+1 from me.

-- dims

On 5/2/05, Rory Winston <rwinston@eircom.net> wrote:
> Here's step 1: A release candidate...
>
> http://people.apache.org/~rwinston/commons-discovery-0.3.jar
>
> I will initiate a vote based on this RC, if it is acceptable.
>
> Regards
> Rory
>
> "Jakarta Commons Developers List" <commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org> wrote:
>

> > we are now three :)
> >
> > by the ancient apache rule of three, that should be enough to create a
> > release. so, i don't see why we can't actually do a full release by the
> > book.
> >
> > all that's needed is for myself, rory and dims to commit our names to
> > the appropriate discovery file. then elect a release manager, roll an RC
> > followed by a VOTE and a full release.
> >
> > if rory's happy to roll the release, that's great. i've done a load so
> > i'd be happy to help if needed. (i would also be willing to act as
> > release manager if rory would prefer it that way, providing rory and
> > dims sign up :)
> >
> > - robert
> >
> > On Wed, 2005-04-20 at 14:27 +0100, Rory Winston wrote:
> > > Sorry Fernando, I meant a 0.3-RC jar.
> > >
> > > Do you know if the patches are already in CVS (i.e. if Discovery was built
from CVS now, and released into apache dist/ that would be good enough? If so, I can cut a
release easily enough. I dont know about the Maven repository stuff, but I could put a release
on Jakarta.

know if you will find any of the original developers still around, to be honest.

to package up a Discovery-0.2-RC1 and make that .jar available?

Commons