commons-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mfncoo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Download statistics for commons components?
Date Wed, 11 May 2005 18:41:07 GMT
On 5/11/05, Rory Winston <rwinston@eircom.net> wrote:
> I've recently been wondering about the availability of actual downloads of various Commons
components. Is there anywhere we can go to in order to check out the actual numbers? After
all, this would be the definitive estimate of the popularity/vitality of a component, or even
which version of a component is most popular. I know there are some links on Apache which
track downloads of various other packages, but I haven't seen any for Commons. Do they exist?
Can we get them?

There's no reliable way of getting this information. The problem is
that, although we could track downloads from the ASF servers, there's
no way for us to track downloads from all of the mirrors around the
world.

--
Martin Cooper