commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [logging] LoadTest
Date Tue, 31 May 2005 05:59:23 GMT
On Mon, 2005-05-30 at 22:44 -0700, Brian Stansberry wrote:
> Sorry, wasn't clear about what I meant.  The test
> classpath used in the ant build includes Log4j, so it
> will be discovered (unless we create a special
> classpath for this one test).  In any case, whether or
> not a particular adapter is discovered depends on
> what's on the test classpath.  We could have the test
> analyze its classpath in order to determine what
> should have been discovered, so I guess we *could*
> test to see if the right one was discovered.

The test doesn't set up its own clean classpath?! I thought that was
what the AppClassLoader private class was all about - though of course
it's hard to tell as there aren't any comments on it.

If the unit test doesn't properly set up a clean classpath before doing
classpath-related unit tests, then that really sucks.

Ah well, I don't think any of us have enough enthusiasm to fix the unit
tests as well as the code. So however you get the test to run is ok by
me.

Regards,

Simon