commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Digester: ObjectCreateRule
Date Mon, 30 May 2005 23:36:27 GMT
Hi Michael,

On Mon, 2005-05-30 at 15:48 +0200, Dr. Michael N. Lipp wrote:
> [I hope I haven't missed something but I could neither find a mailing
> list dedicated to commons-digester nor an issue tracking system for
> digester (tried bugzilla, scrab and jira).]

all commons projects deliberately use a single dev and user list.

Emails to that list (and this one) should contain [digester] at the
start of the subject line.

Issues are in bugzilla, under product=commons, component=digester.

See the "mailing lists" link in the left navbar of the commons or
commons-digester web pages.

> ObjectCreateRule uses the Digester's classloader for loading the class
> of the object to be created. This may cause quite some problems in the
> J2EE context where Thread.currentThread().contextClassLoader() should be
> used for this.
>
> Of course it is easy to derive a Rule that circumvents this.
> Nevertheless, I'd consider it nice if Digester had such a rule out of
> the box. I'd propose to add new constructors to ObjectCreateRule that
> allow to pass a class loader to be used for object creation.

See method Digester.setClassLoader. I think this will solve your issue.

Regards,

Simon