commons-dev mailing list archives

From Andres Galeano <agale...@perfectorder.com>
Subject Re: [dbcp] Stmt Pooling FAQ Update and Example
Date Tue, 24 May 2005 15:31:31 GMT
Hi all,

Sorry for the second email, but I realized I made a mistake with the
first answer...

"GenericKeyedObjectPoolFactory" actually pools prepared statements even
if you provide "null" as the "KeyedPoolableObjectFactory".  I discovered
this through testing(attached), it would be nice if someone could add
that to the javadoc.

Q: <nowiki>Does the current 1.1 release support the poolable/caching of
PreparedStatements. (etc...)

A: The implementation of
org.apache.commons.pool.KeyedPoolableObjectFactory we provide is
org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingConnection.   You don't see it in the
commons-pool api because it's exists in the commons-dbcp api.

Although you don't need to provide a KeyedPoolableObjectFactory at all.
"GenericKeyedObjectPoolFactory" will correctly pool prepared statements
even if you provide "null" as the "KeyedPoolableObjectFactory".

Thanks again for reading this,
Andy G.

--
Andres Galeano <andres.galeano@perfectorder.com>