commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <Joerg.Schai...@Elsag-Solutions.com>
Subject RE: [i18n] Entry qualifier
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2005 10:06:32 GMT
Hi Daniel,

>> I really liked this light-weight approach. I had a need of localized
>> MBeanInfo (see contribution) and with i18n's concept, I was able to
>> write also just a little Bundle impl, that is based on some
>> conventions for the provided resources.
>
> This looks really usefull to me.
> Shall we add an i18n-contrib.jar that contains all the
> optional extensions? I'd like to keep the core i18n.jar as
> small as possible...

Then you'll need some definition for this. IMHO MBeanInfoDescriptionBundle is as light as
the rest without any deps and this does normally qualify an inclusion into the core. Another
beast is the proposed DatabaseMessageProvider of Mattias. If it uses external deps it is qualified
for a separate contrib package ... but just my 2c.

- Jörg