commons-dev mailing list archives

From Fernando Nasser <>
Subject Re: Jakarta Commons Discovery
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2005 13:20:32 GMT
Hi everyone,

robert burrell donkin wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-04-17 at 00:30 -0400, Phil Steitz wrote:
>>Hi Fernando,
>>Unfortunately, I don't think we can do what you are asking without
>>cutting a release.  We don't publish snapshots of Jakarta Commons
>>components.  To cut a release, we need a release manager to volunteer,
>>develop a plan, initiate a vote and then cut the release.
> +1

>>Any [discovery] volunteers?
 > i think that this is an issue that we should think about addressing.
 > (hopefully, a discovery volunteer will jump in about now...)

It seems all discovery folks are busy with other things :-(

> in the absence of discovery volunteers, i think that this is
> circumstance where we might consider seconding volunteers from other
> commons components onto discovery. (the traditional form would be to
> commit a change to the appropriate file and then wait for -1's.)

The bug in 0.2 makes it impossible to use and is creating a "de facto"
release out of untagged cvs code.  It would make sense going ahead with
your plan "B" and see if someone opposes and if somone from another
component pushes it out.  I do not have the necessary knowlwdge to do
it, otherwise I would offer to help.

Regards to all,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: