commons-dev mailing list archives

From Neeme Praks <ne...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [net] FTP client date parsing: new format
Date Sat, 16 Apr 2005 12:03:53 GMT

ok, now I checked out the recent changes and the fix seems to work, at
least in the case of usual files:
-rw-r-----   1 neeme neeme   346 2005-04-08 11:22 services.vsp
is parsed into:
    typeStr=-
    hardLinkCount=1
    usr=neeme
    grp=neeme
    filesize=346
    datestr=2005-04-08 11:22
    name=services.vsp
    endtoken=
And this is correct.

However, it still breaks in the case of symbolic links.
So, if the entry is a symbolic link:
lrwxrwxrwx   1 neeme neeme    23 2005-03-02 18:06 macros ->
../../../global/macros/
then it is parsed into these variables:
   typeStr=l
   hardLinkCount=1
   usr=neeme
   grp=neeme
   filesize=23
   datestr=2005-03-02 18:06 macros
   name=->
   endtoken= ../../../global/macros/

The ending of "-> ../../../global/macros/" seems to confuse the regexp
parser.

And to answer Rorys question about the specifics of the FTP server, I'll
paste one of my earlier posts here:
This format is from the default FTP server daemon configuration that
came with Debian:
Connected to stf.
220 stf FTP server (Version 6.4/OpenBSD/Linux-ftpd-0.17) ready.
Name (stf:neeme): neeme
331 Password required for neeme.
Password:
230- Linux stf 2.6.11 #1 SMP Wed Mar 2 14:08:21 CET 2005 i686 GNU/Linux
230-
230- The programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are free
software;
230- the exact distribution terms for each program are described in the
230- individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.
230-
230- Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
230- permitted by applicable law.
230 User neeme logged in.
Remote system type is UNIX.
Using binary mode to transfer files.