commons-dev mailing list archives

From Fernando Nasser <fnas...@redhat.com>
Subject Jakarta Commons Discovery
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2005 15:48:07 GMT
Hi,

I participate in some Open Source communities that distribute and use
Discovery.

At JPackage we have an RPM with the 0.2  built from
http://www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/commons/discovery/source/commons-discovery-0.2-src.tar.gz
(everything is built from source so we can provide the source with the
binary as Open Source should).

It happens that in the ObjectWeb JOnAS community they needed to use
instead an snapshot of 27-Mar-2004 due to some bugs in 0.2.

If I update the JPackage RPM to an untagged version of the sources
people may complain and I am also afraid of some backward
incompatibility with that would affect the projects that currently use
the 0.2 Discovery.

Would you consider tagging a 0.2.1 and making the source tar ball
available?   Would that be backwards compatible?

Thanks in advance for your attention.

Regards to all,
Fernando