commons-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Lambrou <m...@chrislambrou.com>
Subject [collections] Re: Port commons-collections to jdk1.5
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2005 06:57:51 GMT
Ooops,

I thought I'd replied to the commons dev list, but Laurent's original
e-mail had an explicit reply-to address set, so it went straight back to
him instead. I'm posting this back to the commons-dev list for the sake
of completeness.

Chris

Hi Laurent,

After an initial flurry of activity on the port, my personal
circumstances have changed somewhat, and I'm finding it difficult to
spend much time on it. Hopefully this is a temporary setback, though it
seems like forever since I've been able to do any serious development
work, alas. Rest assured that the port hasn't died. Indeed, a couple of
other developers have also joined in the effort, and any further
assistance is most welcome.

Currently, collections15 is hosted on SourceForge, and so lies outside
of the direct control of Apache. The aim is to substantially complete
the port at SF before trying to persuade a current Jakarta commons
committer to oversee its migration into the sandbox once it reached
alpha or beta status. I haven't looked at the state of the source
currently in CVS, as I've been on holiday in Las Vegas for the last few
weeks and have only just returned. It may be suffering a few minor
teething problems, so may indeed require a few minor tweaks to persuade
it to compile. I'll rectify this shortly, probably over the weekend, as
I've a lot of day job work to catch up on at the moment.

The anonymous CVS access provided by SF is read-only. If you want to
start committing, you need to register as a developer with SF, work your
way through the whole secure CVS access instructions provided on the SF
site, and then get me to add you to the project's developer list. Unless
you're already a Jakarta commons committer, I hope you won't be offended
if we don't immediately add you to the project's developer list. For
now, I think that the best way to contribute would be to start providing
implementations of some of the interfaces that haven't yet been worked
on by any of the other collections15 developers. If you e-mail your work
to one of us, we can quickly review it and add it to CVS for you before
deciding to add you to the developer list.

Thank you very much for offering to help.

Chris