commons-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Cohen <sco...@javactivity.org>
Subject Re: Is there an Apache or java standard for expressing non-English String literals
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2005 17:45:22 GMT
Would others agree with this?  Is the best editor setting for editing
code where i18n could be an issue to set the editor to UTF-8 or is it
better to leave it at its default local setting?  What are the pros and
cons here?  Had I set the editor for UTF-8 would I not have had these
issues?  Or is it best to consciously code with explicit unicode escapes
to avoid these issues on ANYONE's editor?  Or both?