commons-dev mailing list archives

From Neeme Praks <ne...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [net] FTP client date parsing: new format
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2005 18:41:54 GMT

Steve Cohen wrote:

> I assume this <configuration> thing is a part of a custom task or
> revised <ftp> task of your own design.  That would be the place to put
> in logging.  You could even put in the stack trace.

I already added some debug logging there, but this part seems to be
working just fine.
It is a patched version of the original task and it was quite an easy
patch, just couple of lines.

> It would probably be easier to write a mini standalone java program
> that invokes commons-net-ftp directly, connects with the same server,
> and debug that.
>
> If you don't want to do that and can get me access to that server, I
> would be willing to try it.  (If you do that, you'll probably want to
> reply directly to me and not send your server connection parameters to
> the list.)

I cannot give you access as it is inside our corporate firewall.
So I guess I'll try to debug it on my own. :-)

I'll let you know when I have made some progress with that.

Rgds,
Neeme