commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@t-online.de>
Subject [ALL]Release help needed
Date Sat, 02 Apr 2005 15:58:52 GMT
Hi all,

I am in the process of releasing commons-configuration-1.1. This is the
first time I act as a release manager, so these may be dumb questions.

I followed the release instructions at
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/releases/release.html and have now
reached step 13. Though all distribution files have been uploaded to the
correct directories on cvs.apache.org (i.e.
www/www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/commons/configuration), I cannot access
them from http://www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/commons/configuration/.
Does the server need a certain time to reflect the changes? Also I am
not sure whether it matters if these steps are performed on
cvs.apache.org or www.apache.org, but on the later I have no account.

The next problems I will have with step 14, i.e. updating the Jakarta
web site. The instructions seem to be out of date. Is it possible that
the site module has moved from cvs to svn and that the structure has
changed a lot? Could anybody point me to a more recent documentation? (I
found http://jakarta.apache.org/site/jakarta-site2.html; but in the
checked out module I don't know which files to update. And when I do an
ant I always get a large svn difference though using JDK 1.5 as
recommended.)

Thanks for any help,
Oliver