commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Frank W. Zammetti" <fzli...@omnytex.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Commons Runtime API for Persistence
Date Sat, 02 Apr 2005 02:24:59 GMT
I for one like the idea, except for one thing... I've always been a bit
turned off by the persistence solutions that have their own query
language, such as Hibernate.  For me, any solution that didn't work with
regular standard SQL wouldn't be optimal.  I believe that if the table
names in a typical SQL query simply refer to objects in the persistence
solution, it would work (I know it's not *quite( as simple as that, but
that's the underlying thought).

Otherwise, I'm all for it!

--
Frank W. Zammetti