commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Code coverage
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2005 14:24:56 GMT
On 4/19/05, Mattias J <mjslask@expertsystem.se> wrote:
> Is there an Apache standard for unit test code coverage?
> It seems some projects use Clover and others jcoverage. Personally I have
> experience with Emma (http://emma.sourceforge.net/).
> If I want to add code coverage to a Commons project, is either of these
> preferrable?
>
>    Mattias Jiderhamn

There's no standard.

Assuming all measure the coverage equally well, Clover has
historically won for me because it is much nicer to use/look at. Emma
was very new when I was getting addicted to Clover.

Emma's obviously the nicest to use from a free point of view.
JCoverage has a feature-limited GPL version while Clover has a free
for open-source projects version, so they're about the same on the
'free' barometer for me.

So I'd suggest Clover for its quality or Emma for its freedoom.
There's now a Maven plugin for Emma and the ASF have a licence for
Clover (see svn:/committers).

Hen