commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Gary Gregory" <ggreg...@seagullsoftware.com>
Subject RE: [lang] VOTE 2.1 release
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2005 21:12:06 GMT
Hello:

The file

docs/api/index.html

in

http://people.apache.org/~stevencaswell/commons-lang-2.1/distributions/c
ommons-lang-2.1-RC2.zip

still says "2.0".

Gary

________________________________

From: Steven Caswell [mailto:steven.caswell@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 1:41 PM
To: Henri Yandell
Cc: Gary Gregory; Jakarta Commons Developers List
Subject: Re: [lang] VOTE 2.1 release

RC2 is now available at
http://www.apache.org/~stevencaswell/commons-lang-2.1

As per discussions, site stuff was built with maven while the
distributions were build using Ant against JDK 1.2.2. A couple of other
minor things to note:

- I added a bit of verbiage to the user's guide about the new 2.1 stuff.
It is pretty sparse, so if someone wants to beef it up a little...
- I updated the overview to reflect 2.1
- I updated the repository url in project.xml to point to the viewcvs
version of the repository to get the more robust view of svn. It looks
like maven generates the url differently now based on the RC1 docs.

Do we want to call a new vote?

Unsure. I thought I was committed, so things like the overview were
probably missed.

I need to take the car in on Monday, so am spending a lot of the
weekend getting next weeks work done in advance :)

Maybe Steve would like to knock out an RC2?

The only thing that's peculiar to my setup is that I have the JDiff
stuff setup with scripts instead of trying to do it through Maven.
Legacy mainly.

Important to get the JDK 1.2 vs 1.4 stuff right. Namely run Maven
under 1.4 and Ant under 1.2. Use the binaries from Ant and get the
rest (src, site) from Maven.

Hen