commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Gary Gregory" <ggreg...@seagullsoftware.com>
Subject RE: [lang] VOTE 2.1 release
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2005 16:42:36 GMT
Ant knows how to use JAVA_HOME, I use "set JAVA_HOME=..." and run Ant
after that. That's how I building with Ant b/w 1.3.1 and 1.4.2.

Gary

-----Original Message-----
From: Steven Caswell [mailto:steven.caswell@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2005 5:13 PM
To: Henri Yandell
Cc: Jakarta Commons Developers List
Subject: Re: [lang] VOTE 2.1 release

I think the problem is that there is more than just the JAVA_HOME and
PATH
to worry about. There are some registry setting that get changed,
specifically a setting that indicates the installed version. I'll just
wait
until tomorrow and do the RC2 build at work on a Unix box. I've gotten
everything else done on my local Windows (site build, jdiff, etc.) so
installing 1.2 and doing the binary build on Unix shouldn't be too much
trouble.

> Write yourself tiny .bat scripts which adjust PATH and JAVA_HOME?
>
> Should be as applicable on Windows as Linux. Different users is
> another possiiblity.
>
> As long as you add the new PATH entry at the front each time, it
> should find that one first.
>
> Hope that helps,
>
> Hen
>
> On 4/17/05, Steven Caswell <steven.caswell@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Is there a convenient way to install both JDK 1.4 and 1.2 on a
Windows
> > system and switch between the two for building the 1.4 maven site
and
> the
> > 1.2 ant binaries? Or do I need to different systems with one of that
> > installed on each?
> >
> > TIA.

JDiff
Maven.