commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Gary Gregory" <>
Subject RE: [lang] VOTE 2.1 release
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2005 22:56:19 GMT

I've committed some small clean ups in the text package which will not
be shipped in 2.1.

What I found while doing this is a code style inconsistency that I've
fixed locally but not committed yet. Since this involves style (religion
;-) I did not want to commit without posting here first:

Throughout [lang], some return statements are coded as the "standard":

	return expression;

While others are coded as with extra C-style "(" and ")":

	return (expression);

I did not find any pattern to either style. I removed extra "(" and ")"
in return expressions on my local store.

Is this a religious issue for some [lang]'ers out there or should I just

-----Original Message-----
From: Henri Yandell []
Sent: Sunday, April 10, 2005 5:54 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Developers List
Subject: [lang] VOTE 2.1 release

Proposing a vote to go ahead and release Commons Lang 2.1.

The release will pretty much match the release-candidate that is in:

Stephen's recent defaultIfEmpty method will be included in the release.

If the vote is successful, I'll target spending next weekend
performing the release (unless anyone wants to volunteer).

[ ] +1
[ ] -1

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: