commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Alistair Young" <alist...@smo.uhi.ac.uk>
Subject RE: New package - how to propose?
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2005 14:22:05 GMT
Thanks Noel,
I was unaware of the Apache Directory Project. However the package would
cover Novell file stores as well as directories. When the java enabled
Groupwise system comes out I'd like to interface to that also.

It's basically a toolkit for enterprise directory account/file store
creation/maintenance. We use it at the moment for driving auto creation of
accounts from a Student Record System.

It would rely on openLDAP (provided by Novell) and the Novell NDAP jars.

Would such an arrangement be incompatible with ASF licensing?

How does one go about getting into the incubator? I can't see the process
described anywhere.

thanks greatly,

Alistair

--