commons-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mfncoo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: webdav servlet in commons?
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2005 15:55:49 GMT
On Apr 1, 2005 6:53 AM, Noel J. Bergman <noel@devtech.com> wrote:
> > I too would like to have a webdav servlet in commons.
>
> I would not, but I would enthusiastically support a webapp commons as a
> separate project, to which we would accept servlets, tag libs, etc.

I too would support the creation of this type of commons project.
Bundling webapps, servlets, etc. into Jakarta Commons seems like a
real stretch, but I do believe that a place to put these things would
be good. It could also be a place to collect useful servlet filters,
e.g. for compression.

However, I don't think I'd want to see taglibs go there when we
already have a Jakarta Taglibs project.

--
Martin Cooper