commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [betwixt] [patch] Support for polymorphic references
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2005 20:33:46 GMT
On Sun, 2005-04-17 at 22:04 +0200, Thomas Dudziak wrote:
> Thanks for the fix!
> Collections do work also, but only in parts (or I did make a mistake
> ?). At least, I've made a mistake in the original collection test
> which I fixed and attached again (though it seems to the wrong issue,
> sorry about that, pressed the submit button to quickly). Anyway,
> writing collections work, but reading does not.

had i put a little more thought before rewriting your patch, i would
have remembered that it's not good enough to change just the creator.
reading uses an action based framework to execute the binding and will
ignore any elements that it doesn't recognise. all that should be needed
is to add support for polymorphism into the appropriate action. (when
the descriptor is polymorphic, the action should be greedy and try to
create a bean for every element encountered.) it is possible that some
tweaks may be needed to the stack walking code in the context.

there a possibility that i might get round to this tonight or it might
be a little while. (my priority right now is fixing commons-logging.) if
you need it quick and have a little time, then it'd probably patchable
with a little debugging. (start by looking at MappingAction subclasses.)

- robert