commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: Jakarta Commons Discovery
Date Sun, 17 Apr 2005 20:11:31 GMT
On Sun, 2005-04-17 at 00:30 -0400, Phil Steitz wrote:
> Hi Fernando,
>
> Unfortunately, I don't think we can do what you are asking without
> cutting a release.  We don't publish snapshots of Jakarta Commons
> components.  To cut a release, we need a release manager to volunteer,
> develop a plan, initiate a vote and then cut the release.

+1

> Any [discovery] volunteers?

i think that this is an issue that we should think about addressing.
(hopefully, a discovery volunteer will jump in about now...)

in the absence of discovery volunteers, i think that this is
circumstance where we might consider seconding volunteers from other
commons components onto discovery. (the traditional form would be to
commit a change to the appropriate file and then wait for -1's.)

- robert