commons-dev mailing list archives

From "James Mitchell" <jmitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [i18n] Entry qualifier
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2005 19:33:33 GMT
LocalizedExceptionExample (and subsequent property files) look like good
candidates for src/test.

Also, someone might want to commit the missing files that make this class
work/load properly.  I seem to be missing some property files (that are used
internally).

What's the status of this project?  I recall some discussion a while back
about i18n, but don't remember the specifics?  Are there any design or
architecture docs available?

Seems like i18n is reinventing the wheel over and over.  I see we are using
of Sax, when Digester is the most viable choice, given the typical clients
of this framework.  I see where ResourceBundle is used, yet a much more
robust solution is already provided through Commons Resources.  Any chance
we can change this to use the above frameworks?

--
James Mitchell
Consulting / Mentoring / Freelance