commons-dev mailing list archives

From Craig McClanahan <craig...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Commons Digester 1.6] Custom properties class converters
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2005 20:44:07 GMT
There is no default converter for java.util.Date precisely because the
desired conversion is going to be both Locale and desired-format
dependent, so registering your own is the right general approach.

For the YYYY-MM-DD date format in particular, that happens to be the
default String format for a java.sql.Date, for which there is a
default converter registered.

Craig