commons-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <>
Subject Re: [chain] questions about various servlet/*Mapper classes
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2005 03:46:11 GMT
At 4:17 PM -0500 3/1/05, Howard Lin wrote:
>I'm trying to use ChainProcessor and various servlet/*Mapper classes
>(like PathInfoMapper, ServletPathMapper etc.)  (version 1.0) and it
>seems the following always return null catalog:
>Catalog catalog = (Catalog) context.get(getCatalogKey());

It looks like the ChainServlet hasn't caught up with the preferred
mechanism for managing catalogs.
Since slightly before the 1.0 release, the CatalogFactory class was
introduced, which manages an arbitrary number of named catalogs (as
well as one "default" catalog.)  In your XML, the catalog takes a
"name" attribute, and then is retrieved using

This should be filed as a bug in Bugzilla; I suspect the changes are
relatively simple, but since I don't ever use the ChainServlet, I'm
afraid it would take me quite a while to put together a decent test
environment.  It would be great if someone using it could come up
with some patches!

Joe Germuska

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: