commons-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <remy.mauche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Idea: combine JCL 2.0 and UGLI in Logging Services' CL2
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2005 10:02:27 GMT
On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 09:16:31 +0100 (MET), Boris Unckel
<boris.unckel.mlg@gmx.net> wrote:
> Hello Remy,
>
> This is not the intention of Yoav. To quote the discussion[1] as summary.
> "This Get rid of the "we vs them" and create a "we" atmosphere." - Niclas
> Hedhman last mail in log4j-developers in that thread.

This is, as I mentioned, a personal note, which obviously you may
disagree on. For the rest, I took the opportunity to express my
opinion since I was asked.

As for the rest, the plan presented does not satisfy me, for the reasons stated.

What I would actually like is a log4j 2.0 revolution, which would use
java.util.logging as the logging API exposed to applications.

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rémy Maucherat