commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject Re: [vfs] JDBC FileSystem: planning an implementation
Date Mon, 28 Mar 2005 14:24:22 GMT

>the URL still is a problem:
>it needs to specify the database type (JDBC subprotocol)
>
> dbfs://user:pass@subprotocol:host:dbname/
>OR
> dbfs:subprotocol://user:pass@host:dbname/
>
>if we plan on making use of intermediats like hibernate, we may or may
>not put that in the url too or leave that to internal configuration
>
>dbfs:hyb3:DBCP:mysql://user:pass@host:dbname/
>dbfs:JDBC:mysql://user:pass@host:dbname/
>
>sugestions?

I think for now letz go with

dbfs://user:pass@host:dbname/

Any additional configuration needet should be passed via a
FilesystemOption. See the *FilesystemConfigBuilder stuff e.g.
SftpFileSystemConfigBuilder.

later we might simplify things by allowing a jndi datasource

dbfs://user:pass@jndi:dbname/

How we deal with hibernate or some other additional implementation lets
consider if the time has come.

---
Mario