commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. Burton" <bur...@rojo.com>
Subject Re: [patch?] feedparser (organizing imports)
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2005 18:45:26 GMT
Matthias Wessendorf wrote:

> Hi Kevin,
>
> sorry for bothering you, but I started looking at sources for
> [feedparser] and saw lot's of "import java.xxx.*"
>
> and also unused importstatements.
>
> Are you interessted in "structuring" them?

I liked the remove unused import statements patch.  How did you find
this out?  Did you use checkstyle or something?

I'm not sure about the generic import java.xxx.* removal.  I prefer this
style as it saves a LOT of time over worrying about which classes to import.

I realize that some IDEs have support for just in time class import but
I use Emacs which doesn't have that fancy feature ;)

Would you be interested in separating the patches?  I'd like to accept
the remove unnecessary imports code.

Kevin

get a free iPod!