commons-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Lambrou <m...@chrislambrou.com>
Subject Re: [collections] Generics/JDK 5
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2005 17:37:33 GMT
Hello Thomas,

You're right. There was a brief discussion about a Java 5.0 port of
collections. The upshot was the project that Michael has pointed out on
SourceForge. There are two people working on this at the moment - myself
and Mauro Franceschini. After an initial bout of work on this project,
I'm afraid I've been hit by a number of personal problems over the past
few months, so have virtually no time to do any work with it. Hopefully
that should change soon, so I'll be able to start working on it again.
If you're interested in discussing collections15 and perhaps
contributing, then have a look at what's been done so far.

I started by generifying them all, but as I've moved on to providing
implementations of them, it's become obvious that small changes have
been needed here and there.  After converting all of the interfaces, I
decided to start providing implementation of some of the simpler ones
(basically the functor interfaces - Predicate, Closure, Transformer,
Comparator, etc.).  Mauro has also started work on Lists and Iterators.

Any comments and/or help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris