commons-dev mailing list archives

From Neeme Praks <ne...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [net] FTPclient: keeping track of dates of files on the server
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2005 14:15:29 GMT

ok, clear enough.
I'll look into the source code of the ftp task and play around with it a
bit.
Another suggestion for that task is to allow retry-in-case-of-failure,
not just abort or ignore as in the current version. But I'll take those
issues up on Ant list.

My use case is simple: I'm using ant ftp task to deploy Velocity scripts
to several front-end machines (7 in total).
And it is really annoying to change one file and to discover that
instead of just uploading one file, it will upload a whole bunch of them...
I actually need some more customized behaviour, so I will most probably
write a separate task and see if there are any more interested parties
in Ant community.

Rgds,
Neeme