commons-dev mailing list archives

From A Leg <hale_in...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [logging][httpclient] pb using eclipse
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2005 15:30:28 GMT
Hi Jorg

Thank's for your help.
I will try to find a solution following your advices.

Cheers

Andre

Jörg Schaible wrote:

>Hi Andre,
>
>A Leg wrote on Wednesday, March 09, 2005 3:32 PM:
>

>>Hi Jorg
>>
>>I try httpclient in another place and I get a problem too.
>>I don't understand and worse I don't find any solution.
>>

>[snip]
>

>>{orion:rcs} java -classpath
>>$JWSDP_HOME/jwsdp-shared/lib/commons-httpclient.jar:$JWSDP_HOM
>>E/jwsdp-shared/lib/commons-logging.jar:$J2RE_LIBRARY/jsse.jar:
>>$J2RE_LIBRARY/jce.jar -jar Test.jar
>>Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
>>org/apache/commons/httpclient/protocol/SecureProtocolSocketFactory
>>

>Hmmm. Never used httpclient nor jsse so I am unsure about the classloader requirement
for this factory. E.g. an own implementation for java.util.log.Formatter is only found everytime,
if it is located in the system class loader (means also J2SE/lib/ext), but not if your app
has special classloader hierarchy. Same may apply here for this factory for httpclient. Then
you have no choice but stuffing anything into J2SE/lib/ext again.

>The problem with Eclipse is, that is uses the Log interface loaded by the classloader
of the help plugin utilizing Tomcat and the Jdk14Logger is found in the system classloader.
This will not work. Part of the problem is also, that the integrated tomcat in eclipse comes
with both commons-logging.jar and commons-logging-api.jar. Try to remove the -api.jar and
adjust the plugin.xml. The other jar has all classes anyway.