commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject Re: [vfs] parsing uri
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2005 08:29:25 GMT
Hello!

> Anyway there is nothing to it so mario can
> probably make the fix right away. But the list of
> special characters needs still to be addressed.
> I think at least {'#', ' '}

I tried to find a way without decode/encode the url again.
This turns out to work - could you please check it out.

btw. you catched a vespiary - usign the '%' as valid filename character
turns out to be a problem through all archive like filesystem providers
(tar, zip, ..). Also the FileObject.getName().getURI() didnt correctly
encode the path i.e. one cant use its result to resolve a file again.
I have to investigate this in more detail.

If I could I would assign you 12 points (the maximium) for catching this
problem ;-)

---
Mario