commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: [ANN][configuration]Release candidate 1.1RC2
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2005 20:26:45 GMT
Phil,

thanks for your feedback. Some comments inline.

Phil Steitz wrote:

> Looks good to me.  I checked the sigs (using
> http://www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/commons/configuration/KEYS) and
> hashes and all worked, though the md5 files include trailing cr/lf
> that caused my script to choke.

Next time I will generate the md5s on Cygwin or linux.

> One small nit:
>
> NOTICE.txt is missing from source and binary distros and jar.

Not sure about this. I used maven dist to build the distros. Do I have
to tweak the maven.xml so that this file gets included?

> Some test cases generate error messages to standard error when I run
> "ant clean test" though the build succeeds. Don't know if this is a
> problem or not.  It does not look like any test cases actually fail.

I suppose those tests check if exceptions are thrown and then log the
message to stderr. It would surely be better to get rid off this output,
it might be confusing. But the tests definitely pass.

> Phil

Thanks again.
Oliver