commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <p...@steitz.com>
Subject Re: [id] Getting out of the sanbox...
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2005 00:58:30 GMT
I just committed what I think is a fix for this:
<http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-commons-dev&m=109813257202501&w=2>

I was not able to get John's patch, but hopefully the changes I
committed capture the spirit. I changed the load method in the State
interface to throw Exception rather than IllegalStateException.  The
rationale for this change is that all kinds of exceptions could be
thrown in different load impls (including parse exceptions in the xml
file-based ReadOnlyResourceStateImpl.load, which were being wrapped in
IllegalStateExceptions).  If there are any objections to the changes, I
will roll them back, but we need to address the NPE and exception
swallowing in any case.

Phil