commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <ebo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE][configuration]Release 1.1
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2005 19:54:55 GMT
Emmanuel Bourg wrote:

> Actually I do have a bug, the configuration is loaded twice but not
> cleared, so all properties are duplicated. I'm trying to build a reduced
> test case.

I investigated the problem and found 2 issues:

- the updateLastModified method in FileChangedReloadingStrategy didn't
always work. It tried to build the File using the fileName of the
configuration and then it called lastModified(). For some reason it
returned 0 as if the file didn't exist, but I haven't been able to
determine exactly the conditions. I fixed this bug by calling getFile()
on the FileConfiguration instead of building the file from the file name.

- the previous bug caused the configuration to be reloaded on every call
to getProperty, and at some point load() has been called twice in a row,
I'm not sure how though. In this case the properties are duplicated, I
opened Bug 33814 to discuss this issue.

Emmanuel Bourg