commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Colebourne <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: [lang] 2.1 rc (practice)
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2005 14:08:48 GMT
I am not sure if we've laid out how we are going to
build the release versions of [lang], but here is my
recommendation:

For other projects I do, I build the jar file, source
and binary dists using ant. I do this using an old JDK
(1.3, although perhaps it should even be 1.2). I also
use this same jar file to upload to ibiblio. I do NOT
use maven - it uses the wrong JDK and I don't trust it
enough.

I DO use maven for building the website, which I do
with JDK 1.4/1.5. After doing maven site, I copy the
javadoc to a new directory api-2.1. Only then do I do
maven site:sshdeploy.

On the server, I manually link api-release to api-2.1.
The navigation.xml file contains hyperlinks to
api-release to refer to the release docs, and apidocs
to refer to the latest CVS javadoc (which will be the
same just after a release).

Thus the server contains:

root
 - apidocs - CVS latest javadoc
 - api-2.0 - javadoc of 2.0 (copy on server before
upload)
 - api-2.1 - javadoc of 2.1 (upload with maven in
release)
 - api-release - link to api-2.1

And ALL jar files are produced by ant under JDK1.3 (or
1.2)

Stephen