commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject [beanutils] j2ee unit tests added: memory leak demonstrated (?)
Date Sun, 13 Mar 2005 00:17:33 GMT
Hi,

I've just added a unit test o.a.c.beanutils.converter.MemoryTestCase.
This test case currently fails, demonstrating (I believe) that there is
a serious memory leak in beanutils in j2ee-like environments when
components are "undeployed".

The tests show that if a Converter is registered while
Thread.getContextClassLoader is set to a component-specific classloader,
then when the component is "undeployed" that classloader cannot be
garbage-collected.

The problem is: I can't spot what is *causing* this bug. It would be
great if someone else could have a look too.

Given the new code in commons-logging that is intended to address a
similar issue, I think this is worth resolving before releasing
commons-logging 1.0.5....

Regards,

Simon