commons-dev mailing list archives

From Tino Schöllhorn <>
Subject [Email] setting charset
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2005 15:56:42 GMT

I think I just stumbled across a bug at the (unreleased) Email
component. I want to send an Email with:

Email e = new SimpleEmail();
// set some Recipients and Content here

// I want to make sure that the following encoding is used.

Now the thing is, that the set charset is ignored. Actually, when using
this method the charset is *never* changed because of the implementation
  of Email.send() which just ignores the charset. Instead one has to use
the method Email.setContent(Object, String) to make sure the encoding is
used (though there is a code-block there which should just do that).

I could send a patch for that, but currently I do not know the status
and the further plans of the Email component. So please let me know if I
can help out here.

With regards

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: