commons-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: [Jelly] Dependencies Question
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2005 20:57:01 GMT
As with most dependency... each jar is only for a given purpose... if
you don't use that purpose you don't need it!
I think maven is considering assigning roles to dependencies since long
but... how do you express that dependency X is only for functionality Y
in general?

 From your list,  I think you can remove log4j, commons-collections, and
commons-cli if you use the embedded jelly (do check, not sure for
commons-collection). Beware that you seem to include neither xml-apis
nor an xml-parser so that you are ok to rely on Crimson (some don't
like it) and to require jdk 1.4....

You must be doing something very small if not using jelly's xml or ant
taglibs!

paul