commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel Florey" <daniel.flo...@web.de>
Subject AW: [i18n] man available
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2005 15:04:27 GMT
Hi Woody,
I'm currently trying to improve the maven environment, so that releases and
tests can easily be done.
My goal is to complete the component in the actual state in order to build a
usable release as soon as possible.
I've already had a look at your proposed changes. I'd like to include some
changes into the current version (LocalizedRuntimeException), but I'm not
sure with the ConfigManager. This one introduces a lot of complexity.
In order to keep the i18n-component very simple my suggestions would be to
keep only one MessageManager with static methods and advice the user to use
unique message keys (comparable to java package names). This should avoid
trouble when using multiple applications. Agreed?
Next steps are to remove misleading methods (as we discussed earlier) and to
complete the javadocs and provide some more tutorials. This is the part
where help would be very much appreciated ;-)

Cheers,
Daniel