commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Tim O'Brien" <>
Subject RE: VOTE: FeedParser move to Commons Proper...
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2005 20:44:33 GMT
I'm +1 for the following reason:

It does make sense that feedparser would be a higher level subproject of
Jakarta and not a commons component, but it doesn't make sense to
promote a 3 person community to subproject status just yet.  I think
feedparser should follow the path of commons math and httpclient.  Stay
on the commons-dev mailing lists, and when the community grows start
thinking about migrating out of the commons.

To promote feedparser out of commons at this point might create the
possibility for another BCEL.

Tim O'Brien