commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Tim O'Brien" <tobr...@discursive.com>
Subject RE: VOTE: FeedParser move to Commons Proper...
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2005 20:44:33 GMT
I'm +1 for the following reason:

It does make sense that feedparser would be a higher level subproject of
Jakarta and not a commons component, but it doesn't make sense to
promote a 3 person community to subproject status just yet.  I think
feedparser should follow the path of commons math and httpclient.  Stay
on the commons-dev mailing lists, and when the community grows start
thinking about migrating out of the commons.

+1

To promote feedparser out of commons at this point might create the
possibility for another BCEL.

Tim O'Brien