commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: jcl blog post
Date Fri, 18 Feb 2005 14:18:48 GMT

Vic,

The defects can be reproduced easily.

Assuming you deployed your application on Tomcat, the combination known to
work safely is:

1) Leave the file TOMCAT_HOME/bin/commons-logging-api.jar as is.
2) Place the files commons-logging.jar and log4j.jar in the directory
TOMCAT_HOME/commons/lib/.
3) Do not include any other copies of commons-logging.jar and log4j.jar in
your web-applications' WEB-INF/lib/ directory.
4) Do not set the org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory property.

Was your deployment combination different from the above?

--
Ceki Gülcü