commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: jcl blog post
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2005 14:47:29 GMT
At 06:02 AM 2/16/2005, Craig McClanahan wrote:

>There's lots of ways to shoot yourself in the foot the same way ...
>you don't need JCL to do that ... pretty much any implementation of
>the factory design pattern should be looked at with suspicion.

JCL brings very new and original ways of shooting yourself in the
foot. With JCL you can shoot yourself in the foot while aiming at the
sky. Thanks to JCL you can be hit by lightning in the middle of the
desert when it's not raining. If your computing life is too dull and
trouble is what you are looking for, then JCL is certainly the way to
go.

Craig, with respect to the severity of JCL's bugs, it looks like you
are still in stage one, denial, with stage 5, acceptance, seemingly
out of reach.

If I did not know any better, I'd say that JCL was voluntarily
designed to kill logging APIs other than java.util.logging but Craig
wouldn't do that to a fellow Apache project, would he?

--
Ceki Gülcü