commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. Burton" <bur...@newsmonster.org>
Subject Re: [feedparser] Release HOWTO?
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2005 23:01:56 GMT
Phil Steitz wrote:

>If you are using maven, the dist plugin will do most of the archive creation for you (though
for now you need to take a little extra care to get the right stuff in the distros.  The next
release of the dist plugin will probably eliminate the need to do anything in maven.xml).
 I started updating the page below to include maven-oriented instructions a while back.  This
http://cvs.apache.org/~psteitz/release.html is as far as I got.   Patches (against the current
page) welcome.  I was planning to split this into separate Ant / Maven instruction pages.

Wow... thats really cool actually.  I can't get the maven build to work
for the FeedParser right now due to a dependency not being in ibiblio.
I'd have to update jaxen.  I'm goign to try for fix that before 1.0 though.

>I also created scripts to do the signing and create the symlinks and put them in /committers/tools/releases.
 I don't know if the link structure is the same after Hen's reengineering of the download
pages, so be careful there.

Thats sweet...

Kevin

get a free iPod!