commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rami Ojares <rami.oja...@elisa.fi>
Subject [vfs] Re: Java 2 SDK, Standard Edition, v 1.3.1_15 (J2SE)
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2005 12:37:33 GMT
Hi binkley,

I had (maybe 1 year ago) a fairly big contribution vfs
that was rejected because it used 1.4 regex package.
So I basically am for your your suggestion.
Nevertheless I don't think the reason should be that
because of Sun's business plans Open Source community
should make it's decisions. EOL transition only means
getting rid of the responsibilities in terms of support
agreements.

Maybe how you could try to argument is what would
be the practical benefit to the user of vfs. Also someone
who is using 1.3 and vfs could tell what kind of problems this would
create. Further a release could be made available for 1.3 users
and then move on to 1.4.

- rami