commons-dev mailing list archives

From WHIRLYCOTT <p...@whirlycott.com>
Subject Re: [javaflow] Transforming classes that implement Continuable
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2005 01:08:01 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:

> While I did some work with ASM I found it
> very nice to work with ...and so I wanted
> get rid of a direct BCEL dependency. Which

Fyi, I'm working on porting the current BCEL ClassTransformer over to ASM.

> ...but for now I think rewriting on the
> package name is quite a useable alternative
> that probably will fit the real world
> requirements.

You have mentioned this before, but I don't understand how you envision
this working.  Does this mean that a class originally in package
com.foo.abc would be rewritten to rewritten.package.name by the
transformer?  I'm fairly sure that I am not interpreting your idea
correctly because this will almost certainly cause problems for
instances of that class if they need to access package protected methods
and fields in other classes.  If you could go into a bit of detail on
this, it would be super.

phil.

--
                                   Whirlycott