commons-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [javaflow] Some thoughts on the Continuation class
Date Mon, 21 Feb 2005 08:26:19 GMT
> First, I thought it might make some sense to make a interface for
> Continuation
> to implement.  Something along the lines of IContinuation, so that we can
> reference continuations in a different classloader without loading the
> continuation
> class itself.

Hm... just wondering whether it you really need access to any
methods from the Continuation interface from a different
classloader. Could you come up with a possible usecase?

> The other one is a little deeper and more involved.  After playing
> around for a while,
> it looks like by making a deep copy of a continuation, it can be made to
> act like a full
> multishot continuation.  I wonder if it would make sense to somehow
> integrate this.
> What I was working on doesn't really require this, but I could see
> someone writing a
> seaside-like framework wanting this.

IIUC what you mean then you want restart the flow
at the same position twice or more times?!

This is already possible. Have a look at the testcases.

> I would be interested in discussing this and have a vague ideas on
> possible implementations.

A cool extension would be to change the
continuations (the Stack class) to use a
differential approach.

...which would make them much smaller.

cheers
--